The Andrew P. Stewart Center is a nonprofit community development organization located in the Pittsburgh Community of southwest Atlanta. Our vision is to to see our neighbors living purposeful lives in pursuit of their full potential.
As The Kindezi School’s exclusive After School partner, the Stewart Center’s program supports students’ intellectual and emotional development, provides life-changing enrichment, and builds enduring relationships with Pittsburgh families.
The After School Program will
- Increase students’ academic achievement.
- Foster character growth in all students.
- Establish enduring relationships with families in order to promote children’s well- being through family and community stability.
We are looking for an innovative educator to teach computer science, specifically computer coding, to elementary students. Through computer coding and additional high-quality STEM activities, students will have unique opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, enhance creativity, and engage in an investigative process. Our educators are carefully selected and must be able to meet the criteria listed below.
- Implement engaging and meaningful computer programming curriculum for elementary students
- Plan and modify lessons according to interests and passions of students
- Able to have fun with kids, but also able to communicate respectfully and confidently to students to provide direction
- Able to verbally communicate with peers, supervisors, and partners
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate punctuality
- Able to work well with others from diverse backgrounds
- Able to collect and analyze students’ results
- Facilitate student-led, end of the semester projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (in progress or completed) or related field
- Experience teaching students
- Available Monday-Friday, from approximately 3:00pm – 6:30pm
- Available for planning hours and at least 2 Saturday field trips during the academic year
Compensation: $15,000-17,500 for the academic year
Date Requirements: July 25, 2018 – May 24, 2019
- Start Dates:
- July 25-July 27: Orientation and Training Days
- August 1: First Day of Programs
- Our after school program follows the Kindezi schools calendar. There are no programs during school breaks or holidays. See the full calendar here: http://www.kindezi.org/calendar/
How to apply: If you are interested in serving at the Stewart Center please contact our Program Director, Ashley Hicks, at email@example.com. Attach a resume and cover letter with your initial contact.